Data protection has presented one of the fragile areas across the globe. Therefore, the international community has created and adopted numerous agreements in the field of the protection of personal data including,
- European Convention on Cybercrime (ETS No. 185),
- United Nations Human Rights Committee, in its General Comment No. 34 on Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, adopted at its 102nd session (1129 July 2011),
- The European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms,
- The jurisprudence of the international courts such as the European Court of Human Rights,
- United Nations Human Rights Committee General Comments on Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights,
- Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
It is notable that financial technologies and information technologies play a critical role in violating or strengthening data privacy and security. Therefore, the processing and storing of personal data through tech-driven innovations should be subject to the compliance of the principles of legitimate aim and proportionality.
Pi Legal Consultancy Data Privacy in Turkey Team offers embracing consultancy and representation to particularly individuals within the context of data protection. We give assistance to our domestic and international clients in legal strategies and compliance advice
for data protection.
Our Relevant Articles
All our articles and papers on emerging legal challenges for this area together with their fully fledged solutions are available online here.